For the purpose of setting annual Life objective or goals, preparing a Vision Board provides a way of visualizing what you want to achieve. Use an online Photo Collage Maker or simply any word program such as Microsoft Word. The ‘INSERT – Online Pictures’ tab gives you access to many online images that you may be thinking about as goals. In the collage of images below the goals for this person can be identified as follows:
- – A loving partner, sharing trust & faithfulness
- – Learning to listen without giving advice
- – Following the planetary health diet
- – Having a balanced & active lifestyle for good health
- – Being creative and finding clarity
- – Being open to others in heart and mind
- – Following your dream career
- – Finding a higher moral perspective
- – Enjoying life with dancing
- – Achieving financial security
- – Caring for family & friends
What are some basic goals that you might include in your Vision Board:
- Be courageous and start with a miracle? For this idea you need to accept that the Universe is waiting to give you support. It requires that you think about what you want and ask for it. Then let it go ….. one day, out of nowhere it will be there for you.
- What do you want in a relationship … be precise. Is communication really important? Do you want to tell your partner every evening before you lay down to rest how you are feeling and what is alive inside you? When you are upset, angry, frustrated, sad, feeling helpless … whatever! To have a partner that you can tell all of this to and he or she is available with dedicated and quiet time to just listen without, without x 3 times not going to give you advice? Your partner needs to realise that each one of us is very capable to grow by our own means and that unless advice is requested then it is a violent response in a hidden, and mostly unintended subtle way. If this makes any sense then you can find the many ways to define what you want in a relationship. Be aware that whatever you want in a relationship you have to make a choice and begin to reveal your ideas through communication over a long period. It just doesn’t happen.
- Emphasize, honesty, faithfulness, connection, harmony, and expose your hidden feelings and thoughts. The same as above you will need to identify these traits within yourself and over time and through non violent communication relate your ideas and ask for your partners thoughts and ideas. Only slowly you begin or align or accept the differences with your partner in a way that your outreach is reciprocated and you find a way forward in harmony.
- What career and related opportunities do you want? Life purpose is often achieved through a career or a vocation and we often start without clarity of good support or direction. What is important is the journey no matter where it begins as with time your desires to contribute to community become more visible to you and they often emerge out of the most humble pursuits. Keep alive your hearts desires and allow time to bring their tidings.
- Savings and financial objectives expose how we think. Many of us don’t have respect for money, yet for others it is all they focus on? Yet it represents our individual market place contribution to our society that has established these values over a long period. When you look after money it will look after you. Be well prepared for the hard knocks of life and gain financial wisdom as early as your first income year.
- Maintain family connections. Family begins at home and these connections can become a undeniable support platform. Stay close and find ways of keeping close when you have the luxury of having family don’t let it be lost. Parents do not receive any handbook for bringing up children and parents make endless mistakes. In time you can ask to hear about their past and perhaps understand their behaviour and with empathy allow them to find new fresh loving ways for you.
- Develop & maintain good friendships. During our early years we often focus more on where we are going and our achievements than our friends. Remember those friends that just suddenly appear and you enjoy them can also suddenly disappear. Do a good job at keeping friends and you will be grateful.
- Remember good health, fitness and wellbeing. Ah! there is no surprise here we see all too often the obesity in our society, and sometimes we eat an excessive share of the cheap carbohydrates. Make vital food, good health, fitness and wellbeing a high priority.
- What recreation activities do you want? Combining recreation with fitness is an ideal mix. We should all be dancing and singing often.
- What travel & holiday plans do you have? Whether it is close by or at some distance variety and change of cultures is beneficial. Travel broadens our understanding and tolerance and acceptance of others.
Think about progressing your life in images and keep a record of these images with dates assigned. If you did some goal setting at the end of 2021 then label it objectives to achieve by end 2022. Once you are happy with the images you can enlarge it into a Poster and make it visible for you to see in a wall position that you can glimpse at often. Perhaps you want to share it with others, perhaps a partner or friend. This is not a boring process as lists of objectives can often become easily lost in our myriad of tasks and reminders. This mind map or vision board becomes real in a very short time as you truly embrace the images and step by step you will see the changes emerge. Having a friend on board to observe your progress is another plus and by confiding in them and sharing the experience of change is rewarding for your friend as well.
Don’t be disappointed when you miss some goals just keep the image there for next year and it might just be improved on or displaced? Sometimes we use an image of something higher than our goal such as having a six pack physique or slim waist or thighs, but that the goal may just be improved fitness which was at the heart of the image. Also you can note that when some images are not achieved you can check whether they were actually important. You may discover that sometimes we set goals that were not things you actually wanted to achieve and as well some goals you may not make progress with, yet the internal process of working towards them can teach you a lot. It has been said that the value of setting goals is to get us on the upward spiral and through the endeavor sometimes we learn from the process of failing yet have tried.